ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Virtual News Set

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raine VivianVirtual News Set
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 4:45:00 pm

So I recently got a job doing some green screen work for a weekly news cast. After filming some test footage with a green screen I composted a news room with a virtual news room set he bought from tape tube (

It looked very fake. The CG generated background just plain old looks bad. I've been looking around and still have no found anything that looks real so I'm thinking about building one from ground up in photoshop. I basically just need it to look as real as possible.
I'm thinking about trying to build a desk in AE, and compositing a video for the background. I'm a little worried about using other peoples images for texture. Any idea's?

-Raine Vivian

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Virtual News Set
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 5:23:08 pm

If you're concerned about copyright (and you should be) make sure you get your images from legitimate sources. iStockPhoto,, Getty Images, and many, many others

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mike ZimbardRe: Virtual News Set
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 5:29:25 pm

Yea those tape tube environment look pretty awful. A 3D application would probably do a better job at something like this than trying to use AE, but that may not be an option for you. As Michael suggests definitely make sure all your texture sources are legitimate, but you can also check out which should give you some higher quality pre-made environments. Good luck!

Return to posts index

Raine VivianRe: Virtual News Set
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 5:36:39 pm

Yeah, I will be careful about the copyright issue. I'm just not sure where to start.

I saw but it still looks really cheesy to me. Mainly just the design of it. I'm going for a smaller new room kinda deal. Hmmmmm... Mainly im just worried about the desk.

-Raine Vivian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved