ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem with rendering | P2 compatibility

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel VossProblem with rendering | P2 compatibility
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 8:47:11 am

First of all: excuse my english! Teachers in germany aren't what they should be...

I am having a little problem with an animation made for fitting in P2-material. I've got some material made with a Panasonic HPX 500. It's some sort of P2-HD (1440x1080), 25p, codec: DVCPRO HD 1080i50

The AfterFX-Composition I made is as near to the original specifications as possible: 1440x1080, DVCPRO HD-Pixels (1,33), rendered to Quicktime with 25p DVCPRO HD 1080i50. Nearly everything looking quite good.

Nearly. There are only some little nasty ojects, that seem to produce some sort of edge-flickering when moving quite slowly. They are vector-base objects in .eps-format. They are used as vector-based objects with anti-aliasing activated. They look ok in nearly all situations. Only when moving slowly enough, there will be some little flickering in the edges. Looking really close, its all about the edges which are clean and hard in one frame and soft and a bit blurry (blurred over 1 or 2 pixels) in the next frame.

What can I do, do get better results? Render in 4k? Rendering it to FullHD with animation-codec or else won't work. When importing it into FCP it looks really bad...

So is there any way to improve the results?

Using AfterFX CS5 and FCP 7

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved