ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

I'm Looking for tutorial ideas

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mathew fullerI'm Looking for tutorial ideas
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 1:06:34 am

Hello all,

I am a new tutorial contributor here at Creative Cow, and I'm dropping this post in the mix to see if anyone has any tutorial ideas they'd like to see in the near future.

It can be your own project you've been attempting and just can't figure out... it can be an effect you've seen in a commercial or movie (if this is the case please provide a link to said video)... or just something you've seen asked about frequently here on the Forums.

I have ideas for my next 2... but beyond that... I'm running a little thin on ideas.

Looking forward to everyone's input.

~ Mat

The higher they fly... the much.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: I'm Looking for tutorial ideas
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 1:56:39 am

1. I think there was a carousel tut, but it didn't use any expressions and was flipped sideways. I would love to see an advanced carousel with camera vectors, slides flipping, things spinning, using all the trigonometry you can muster. I'm just tired of basic keyframes, ya know!

2. I've always wanted to see a true teleportation tut like the new star trek.

3. advanced scripting for organic windy palm trees.

4. the 5,000 picture board effect without manual placement.

5. leaves falling.-forest gump(this one is asked for A LOT)

A lot of people ask for all of these all the time and the cow would really be great with these additions to the community. And if you need more ideas, posts from users always ask if a tut of some kind can be made. A lot of ideas in there.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: I'm Looking for tutorial ideas
by on Oct 1, 2010 at 6:36:57 am

A very genreal statement and plea:
I greatly prefer tutorials that deeply explain and explore one feature or cluster of features, so that the tutorial actually _teaches_ something. I abhor "tutorials" that are meandering explanations of how to achieve a specific look or narrow result, since people don't actually learn much from those.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved