ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

basic script to apply fixed "position" attribute?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Worsellbasic script to apply fixed "position" attribute?
by on Sep 29, 2010 at 11:09:35 pm

I so want to learn scripting...but haven't yet started down that road. In the meantime, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to create a simple script to apply a pre-fixed "position" parameter to a layer. I would like to be able to just click on a .jsx script and make a layer shift all the way to a predetermined left position, and another .jsx to shift a layer all the way to a predetermined right hand position. Applying the parameters manually one layer at a time is killer. I'm pretty sure this is the kind of task that scripting was made for...if only I knew where to begin. Thanks.

p.s. Not truly knowing how tricky this is, I suppose I'll throw in an added question just in case someone is being extra generous. As part of the "change position" script, I would love if the same script also changed the layer's label color--that is the color that identifies the layer in the comp (not the color of the images in the comp). Given that this "label color" is not a paramter, maybe it's not something that a script can even address! I don't know.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: basic script to apply fixed "position" attribute?
by on Sep 29, 2010 at 11:25:49 pm

You should be able to do the position thingy using Animation Presets. Not sure about the label color though.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Sean WorsellRe: basic script to apply fixed "position" attribute?
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 12:10:08 am

Aha! This is great. That is much simpler--and I haven't used the AE preset capability in a while so forgot all about it. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved