ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Water splash footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthieu TurgeonWater splash footage
by on Sep 29, 2010 at 2:42:16 pm

I'm looking for a way to appear some text into a splash. I want the water splash to be fluid and not only like a blood splat.
Usually, it's better to create it in a 3d software (like reel flow), but I don't have the ressource and the time to do it that way.
So, can I recreate that in AE?
Or, where can I find some footage of water drop pre-render? (and with the matte, that would be perfect!) I found some looking good on istockphoto but the perspective is too on the side.

Matthieu Turgeon
Motion designer... in progress :P

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Water splash footage
by on Sep 29, 2010 at 7:27:37 pm

I know Digital Juice has some splashes in at least one of their Compositor's Toolkit collections.

And Artbeats has a rather extensive collection of footage.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Matthieu TurgeonRe: Water splash footage
by on Sep 29, 2010 at 8:13:01 pm

I looked in the artbeats collection: it's not really what I'm looking for. Most of the time, it's only waterfall, waves, ink drop... I want more of water splashing on a hard surfaces with the camera above that surface.

Digital juices has almost that footage, but it's more ink drop and blood splat. That material doesn't have the same density than water.

I'm peeky, I know!... But if somebody can name some other company like Digital Juices... maybe I will find what I want!

Matthieu Turgeon
DVD/BluRay Authoring
Dvd Studio Pro 4.2.2/ Scenarist BD 5.2

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Water splash footage
by on Sep 29, 2010 at 8:20:02 pm

For something like this, you won't get any where near the realism out of AE as you would in a 3D program and it certainly won't take less time to try to fake a remotely believable water splash in AE.

As far as stock footage, last time I used them was a while ago, but ArtBeats has quite a variety of good-quality water footage. Typically you get what you pay for with stock media so, the variety and quality will probably be noticeably better than most of what places like iStock have, but it'll probably cost more too.

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Water splash footage
by on Sep 30, 2010 at 1:08:40 am

The higher they fly... the much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved