ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Puppet Tool Move Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Dodge
AE Puppet Tool Move Problem
on Sep 29, 2010 at 7:32:37 am

Does anyone know why the puppet tool would stop moving in both x,y directions and be confined to just moving on the y directions?

I've worked with the puppet tool and this same humanoid character for some time now. Just today about halfway through an animation the characters puppet points stopped being able to move in all directions and were confined to moving up and down along an unseen path.

I tried recreating the asset and it still comes to the same issue.

Could I have accidentally hit something to make the points be confined to a singular direction?

Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AE Puppet Tool Move Problem
on Sep 29, 2010 at 7:43:19 pm

Just a shot in the dark: Are you using any starch pins? They would constrain the deformation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Nathan Dodge
on Sep 30, 2010 at 12:08:13 am

Sadly no starch pins are being used.

I started work today and tried going back to a previously okay version of the comp and now that comp has been corrupted as well.

I'm going to see if I can get a screen capture of what I am working with so it will shed some more light on the situation that is hard to describe.

Return to posts index

Nathan Dodge
on Sep 30, 2010 at 1:29:56 am

Here's my problem described in a video.

Please any assistance is great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]