ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cartoon Effect - Stopped Working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared IshamCartoon Effect - Stopped Working
by on Sep 28, 2010 at 7:51:05 pm

I'm trying to complete some VFX work for a client where I am using the cartoon effect. When I loaded After Effects today every clip that has the cartoon effect applied to it makes the video turn black. When I select the "toggle transparency grid" it shows that there is no video being displayed at all.

I tried removing the effect and reapplying it, but that did not work either. I even tried importing different footage and to no avail.

Is this something that is going to require that I do a reinstall?

I am working on a PC with After Effects CS4, all updates have been installed and nothing has changed since now and the last time it was working.

If I can't get this effect to work any suggestions on how to achieve the "Cartoon" look without the filter?

Jared Isham
Stage Ham
http://www.stgham.com
film. video. web media

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Cartoon Effect - Stopped Working
by on Sep 28, 2010 at 10:59:48 pm

The Cartoon effect can use the GPU. Perhaps there's an issue with your video card. Does this project work on another computer?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jared IshamRe: Cartoon Effect - Stopped Working
by on Sep 28, 2010 at 11:02:02 pm

Haven't tried it on another computer as I don't have access to one at the moment. Currently my OpenGL setting is turned off, I also tried it with it turned on - no success. Everything else works the same with my graphics card, I'll do some diagnostics to see if I can find an issue.

Jared Isham
Stage Ham
film. video. web media

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Cartoon Effect - Stopped Working
by on Sep 28, 2010 at 11:12:41 pm

I was suggesting toggling the property in the Cartoon effect that determines whether or not it uses the GPU. The property is called 'Performance'. It's toward the bottom.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Jared IshamRe: Cartoon Effect - Stopped Working
by on Sep 28, 2010 at 11:15:26 pm

Genius - that was it. Thanks a million!

It is labled in AE CS4 as "Performance: (check box)'Use OpenGL When Available'"

Jared Isham
Stage Ham
film. video. web media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved