ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects dealing with quicktime animation or PNG......error!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kazumi Hatoriafter effects dealing with quicktime animation or PNG......error!
by on Sep 23, 2010 at 9:12:04 am

I'm dealing with a project, and trying to precomp few layers(8) and render it first so as to make it works easily and faster.

So what I did is render those precomp to Quicktime PNG, that I can have alpha channel.
Oh it works, oops, for a while(that's why I'm confused),
works for those rendered files for sometimes and I got a reading frame error from after effects.

After search the error code database, the error refers to
"The source clip may be damaged and thus not all frames contained in it may be accessible. If it is a compressed format, not all parts of a given frame may be possible to reconstruct from the compressed info."

As I read the stock answer all the time, I am confused why using Quicktime PNG would give me that error.
I transcoded all the precomps to Quicktime ANIMATION, immediately.

And it happened again.

I'm working with a 3K x 1K comp, with 8-10 layers of those precomps.
Got CS5, with 6GB ram and turned off multi-processing and silly OPENGL.

I'm still trying to transcode them to still sequences to see what would happen...
But I think it kills me if I need to render every precomps to still sequences afterward.
Any idea??

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: after effects dealing with quicktime animation or PNG......error!
by on Sep 23, 2010 at 11:11:05 am

The error message seems to allude that the clip itself is damaged. Transcoding won't solve the issue. You'll want to render a new file.

Hopefully it isn't a harddisk issue.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Kazumi HatoriRe: after effects dealing with quicktime animation or PNG......error!
by on Sep 24, 2010 at 3:59:28 am

The clip itself? but it seems no problem when i open it in quicktime and i can use it for quite a while before error comes.

Now I rendered those quicktime animation to tiff sequences,
and it works very fine.
I don't think the clip is damaged,
so I am thinking if it is the hardware problem?

The harddisc not fast enough? to play several 3k quicktime with alpha?
or not enough ram??

I got a 7200 system drive and rendered footage at a 5600 footage drive,
6gb ram.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: after effects dealing with quicktime animation or PNG......error!
by on Sep 24, 2010 at 3:08:49 pm

A hard drive's speed would not cause a problem like this. But if you don't have enough RAM, a problem like this can easily happen.

I don't think you have enough RAM for the job you're doing, especially for the sizes of AE comps you are making.

I'm getting a new computer for my home. It's going to have 24GB RAM on it to run AE 10 (CS5) properly.
See what I mean?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane IcenhourRe: after effects dealing with quicktime animation or PNG......error!
by on Apr 6, 2011 at 9:02:38 pm

I agree with Roland. I was just having the same issue you were just having. Tried all the other mentioned methods I found and noticed that it kept erroring out at the same frame number. So I rendered out that frame new and all is working again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]