ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing Tiff Sequence in AE: Frame size shrinking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew KaseyImporting Tiff Sequence in AE: Frame size shrinking
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 7:02:48 pm

I'm trying to import a tiff sequence that was shot on a still camera. When I import the files into AE or FCP, the frame size becomes 453x603, and the footage looks pixelated. In Photoshop, it says the image size is 5433x7240. Why is it coming into AE so small and lo-res looking. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Importing Tiff Sequence in AE: Frame size shrinking
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 7:12:07 pm

[Matthew Kasey] "When I import the files into AE or FCP, the frame size becomes 453x603, and the footage looks pixelated. In Photoshop, it says the image size is 5433x7240."

Well, then it IS 5433x7240. What happens when you put the footage into an AE comp?

Some related questions: what did you do to this sequence before you imported it into AE? Take it into Photoshop and mess with it, perhaps? Have re-examined what you did to this sequence if you did indeed take it into Photoshop?

FCP is a different kettle of fish: it tries to fit images into the H&V resolution of the edit timeline.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew KaseyRe: Importing Tiff Sequence in AE: Frame size shrinking
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 7:31:08 pm

When I bring it into AE, the info on the actual sequence says 453x603(1.00). I only brought a file into Photoshop after trying it in AE, not believing that was the true file size. Dropping it into a comp only makes the comp the same frame size.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 20, 2010 at 7:39:45 pm

Are you looking at thumbnails instead of the real tiff's, perhaps?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Matthew KaseyRe: Importing Tiff Sequence in AE: Frame size shrinking
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 9:56:46 pm

Yes, you're right. With some help from my resident photoshop/photography expert, we realized the images are still in RAW form, so AE is only looking at the preview files. Now we just have to figure out an easy way to save 16,000 raw files as workable tiffs...

thanks of your time on this. appreciated.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 21, 2010 at 4:31:21 pm

[Matthew Kasey] "...we realized the images are still in RAW form... Now we just have to figure out an easy way to save 16,000 raw files as workable tiffs..."

If you have oodles of RAM (24GB+) on your machine, you might want to simply work with the RAW files in AE:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS31E34FFE-F59E-430e-8B43...

There are helpful links on this page, too.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]