ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Datamator Y Axis Range Limit?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh StrideDatamator Y Axis Range Limit?
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 3:37:12 pm

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not there was a limit on the Y axis range in Datamator for AE? There doesn't appear to much trouble-shooting assistance for this Plug-In around. I'm trying to make a graph displaying queries per second handled by different DNS platforms at different zone sizes so the range is between 0 - 140,000 and I need it in increments of 20,000. When I put these kinds of numbers into my data.txt file and import it, AE doesn't even allow me to change the Y range. If I do smaller numbers, I can change it, but it only appears to go up to around 900 or so. Am I doing something wrong or do I have do a sort of 1 = 10,000 sort of thing. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Datamator Y Axis Range Limit?
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 6:40:02 pm

Are you trying to use the plugin intuitively, which is very bad practice?

Have you checked out the following tutorial?
http://cache.redgiantsoftware.com/_assets/uploads/file/community-tutorial/D...

Have you visited this page?

Return to posts index

Josh StrideRe: Datamator Y Axis Range Limit?
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 7:07:23 pm

Hey Dave,

Thanks for your response. I have indeed watched the tutorial (a couple of times) and any others I could get my hands on as well as reading both the 'User Guide' and 'Quick Start' PDFs that came with the software, and still no joy. I think I've got to grips with a lot of the features but I can't seem to get my Y axis to go high enough when it is drawn from my data.txt file. There is every possibility that I am missing something very obvious. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Josh

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Datamator Y Axis Range Limit?
by on Sep 20, 2010 at 8:55:00 pm

Sorry, I don't have that plugin and I don't know it.

I will say, however, that I had the absolute WORST time trying to get Mocha for AE working for me. I finally had to resign myself to the fact that I had a bunch of long, tough learning to do, and that I had to take it slowly, step by step.

It was a painful reminder that, despite everything a software developer may do to make learning the software easy, it won't be easy for everybody.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]