ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Facial Recognition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garred BrannonFacial Recognition
by on Sep 17, 2010 at 5:14:04 pm

I have a job coming up that requires me to blur each individual face in a crowd of people. Is there a way/plugin that will allow for some level of facial recognition then apply a filter over it? I do not need it to recognize each individual face and tag it, just that there is a face and have control over an area around it.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Facial Recognition
by on Sep 17, 2010 at 5:51:10 pm

[Garred Brannon] "s there a way/plugin that will allow for some level of facial recognition then apply a filter over it?"

Oooh, you gotta stop watchin' them crime-solving shows! To my knowledge, there is NOTHING of a desktop-application nature that does even rudimentary face recognition.

I do no envy your task sir. Blurring a bunch of individual faces, then keeping the blurs over those faces through animation, is not a task for the faint of heart.

You MIGHT be able to track the faces, but if heads turn, it's going to be a tough track... not to mention a lot of them.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Facial Recognition
by on Sep 17, 2010 at 6:22:48 pm

I just used Roto Brush for this. Blot a fat foreground stroke in the middle of each face, and then step through a frame at a time to make sure that the segmentation stayed good. Use the result as the matte for an adjustment layer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Facial Recognition
by on Sep 17, 2010 at 11:07:50 pm

[Todd Kopriva] "Blot a fat foreground stroke in the middle of each face, and then step through a frame at a time to make sure that the segmentation stayed good."

Oh, you're jokin' me! I have got to get my mitts on that Rotobrush!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: Facial Recognition
by on Sep 17, 2010 at 11:22:50 pm

Nice one Todd!

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.