ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

motion path in 3D space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manojit ghosemotion path in 3D space
by on Sep 16, 2010 at 3:29:11 pm

i have a problem:

i have a layer with a mask in 3D space. i would want a object (a null) move precisely on that path (in 3d space).
the copy paste of path onto the position parameter on that object is not working.
it throws the null elsewhere (the path is created as a motion path) but not where i want it.

probable solutions i am seeking:

1. a way to paste the motion path exactly in the same 3d space as the existing mask path is now.

2. a way i can scale-up the motion path. (i am able to move the motion path anywhere in space.) so can math it to the existing path.

I would indeed appreciate any help.

a. my comp is a huge one and with plenty of layers.
b. what essentially i need is to move an object(null) in an existing path in 3d space.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: motion path in 3D space
by on Sep 16, 2010 at 5:24:01 pm

Can't you just create an Expression Link to ensure that the motion path is adhered to? Perhaps your mask is interfering in a bad way. Try to do the masking in a precomp.

As for scaling a motion path, checkout Aharon's COW tutorial here -

AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

manojit ghoseRe: motion path in 3D space
by on Sep 17, 2010 at 8:45:15 am

thanks for taking your time to respond.

i was just looking for something which you refered to as adhering to a motion path through an expression link. but i am not so good with expressions.

i knew the scaling method thats in AR's tut. and thats how finally i got it done. took a few attempts to match the desired size, but it did the job! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved