ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

virtual spokesperson for website - file type?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Knappvirtual spokesperson for website - file type?
by on Sep 15, 2010 at 5:58:45 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a virtual spokesperson for a website. I know how to shoot it and remove the background. What I don't know is how to save the video in the correct file type for websites. I know an alpha channel is involved but can anyone help me with the steps in AE?

Thank you everyone!

See What I See Productions

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: virtual spokesperson for website - file type?
by on Sep 15, 2010 at 6:21:07 pm

This question is not possible to answer until you post a little bit about it's final deliverable format.. will it be in Flash with an alpha... embedded movie... does it need to respond to clicking in flash... are you adding the background... will it be added later???

Return to posts index

Bob KnappRe: virtual spokesperson for website - file type?
by on Sep 15, 2010 at 6:37:57 pm

I'm not a website builder but was asked to create one of these. I need the background to be transparent and have the spokesperson walk across the website. Needs to play automatically when website is visited.

See What I See Productions

Return to posts index

Gina WintersRe: virtual spokesperson for website - file type?
by on Apr 30, 2014 at 5:58:55 am

Alpha channel with animation compression QT movie is best way to make the the website spokesperson play automatically when the page is visited.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: virtual spokesperson for website - file type?
by on Sep 15, 2010 at 6:40:35 pm

If all you need to do is to provide the spokesperson with alpha, then render out from AE a format that supports alpha channel. Then you or the person that is actually doing the website can encode that to whatever format is needed. Like Matthew suggested it can be Flash or some other format depending if the site uses Flash, HTML5 or whatever.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: virtual spokesperson for website - file type?
by on Sep 15, 2010 at 6:50:41 pm

Save it out as an animation compression QT movie with an alpha channel... that's what I'd do... let with the web guys deal with it after that.... there are a thousand ways to deliver this with an alpha channel... but unless they can be more specific.. that's about as universally accepted method as you will find.

Return to posts index

tom wielgatRe: virtual spokesperson for website - file type?
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 10:23:34 pm

Hi

You cab get the software here cheap to create a video spoksman
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290831524368?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p398...

hank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]