ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Presets, Right-to-Left Languages

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Lewen
Text Presets, Right-to-Left Languages
on Sep 15, 2010 at 4:32:28 pm

Hello dear forum!
I am heaving real issues with tweaking the "Word Processor" Text Preset (under Multi-Line) to work with Right-to-Left Languages...
Usually when doing Hebrew with Text Presets, I am able to solve it after tweaking the parameters, but right now I am going a bit insane :). It seem so simple.
If there is someone out there who was able to teak and make it do exactly what it does, but in the other direction, I am seeking for some help here.

Thank a bunch!

Adam.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Text Presets, Right-to-Left Languages
on Sep 15, 2010 at 4:48:53 pm

Try these scripts:

http://aescripts.com/textreverser/

http://aescripts.com/arabictext/

ETA: Sorry, see that the right to left isn't the problem...

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 15, 2010 at 6:23:36 pm

Hi Adam, I can you email an AEP with a much better solution (I think). Send me an email to - rork_AT_broadcastGEMs_DOT_com .

Replace the "_AT_" and "_DOT_" with "@" and "." respectively.

Cheers
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Adam Lewen
on Sep 18, 2010 at 9:29:50 pm

Thanks a lot for the replies.
John, the presets are great but the _ underscore is a tough issue to solve, at least for me.
Roland, your example is simple to execute and can be applied easily over and over.

Thank!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 19, 2010 at 6:23:08 am

I'm glad it's worked out for you Adam. I'll be posting download links to this AEP with additional comps at http://www.facebook.com.broadcastGEMs before the end of next week.

FWIW, what I sent you was a modification (changing the appearance of text characters to appear from Right to Left) of an AEP found in my product, broadcastGEMs AE Pro Series Volume set of AE templates.

Happy New year!

RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

ahmad Wadiei
on May 6, 2012 at 8:43:33 am

Dear Roland

May you please help me with same problem.
I want to change the order of text preset for right to left language in After effects for multiple text line.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 7, 2012 at 1:51:51 am

Download Link to WordProcessor - Right-to-Left Preset

Hi Ahmad, the solution I have works ideally with the Word Processor preset. You will also need to read the following rather simple instructions to get going.

The AEP uses Expressions and works quite well and is sufficiently robust to handle any text length and font pitch. You will need two keyframes in the positin property.

I have provided two compositions to set you on the right track -
1) bGEMs R2L TexT - Example
2) bGEMs R2L TexT - Tryout

First, take a look at composition "bGEMs R2L TexT - Example".
1) Select both layers and hit the "U" key to view their keyframes and Expressions. You won't have to do any Expression scripting. So, pay attention only to the Cursor layer and its Sensitivity and Position properties. Sensitivity is an Expression Slider Control used to tweak the cursor's position. However, it can be disregarded most of the time.

For now, drag the Timeline Indicator along the area of the Timeline where the keyframes exist just to get a feel for what's happening. Next, you now have to appreciate that the Expression in the Text Layer takes the x-Position values of the Cursor Layer to write on each text character.

What is important for this to work is to ensure that the X position values for the two Cursor keyframes correspond to the actual left and right margins of the text string. YOu can use Guide Markers in the Comp Panel to guide you where to place the (x) position values for the start and end points of the cursor.

Now go to the composition bGEMs "R2L TexT - Tryout". To take things for a spin. Again, ensure that you can see all the keyframes for the Cursor layer. In this composition, I have deleted the keyframes for Sensitivity. There are two position keyframes. The Expression requires 2 keyframes for it to work. More or less will not do.

ALl you need to do now is to -
1) Move the Timeline Indicator to the 4 second mark.
2) Double click the text layer in the Timeline and then type in your text
3) Now perform a RAM Preview
4) You should notice that things are not working as well as they should.
5) The trick is to ensure that the X position keyframes are similar to the right and left margins of your text. To do this, move to the 4-second mark and then move your cursor below the left and right margins of the text string and take note of these numbers.
6) Then ensure that the first keyframe's X position value corresponds to the text string's Right Margin. For the second keyframe, ensure that the Cursor Layer's X position corresponds to the Text String's Left Margin.
7) Now RAM Preview
8) Use the Sensitivity Slider property to tweak when the characters appear.

The effect works well when the cursor is slightly ahead of the appearance of the next text character. The Sensitivity Slider helps in this case.

Unfortunately, you cannot have more that 2 keyframes in the Cursor's position parameter or have more than a single line in the text string (use multiple instances to accomplish this). I'm not a programmer so I am not able to fix these issues as of yet, especially the last one which is tricky and any solution may involve more trouble than it's worth. Just duplicate the comp and repeat and then nest them into another comp.

The beauty of this mechanism is that you can use any graphic as the Cursor Layer to create a more visually interesting type-on effect.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

ahmad Wadiei
on May 7, 2012 at 8:02:21 am

Dear Roland
Thank you very much for your help. It is very helpful and I'm going to find out with other effects.
It works also for multiple lines just it runs from bottom to top instead of up to down, is there a way to correct it??
Please let me know if I can appreciate you with your products.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 7, 2012 at 2:51:58 pm

Hi Ahmad, you will need to nest each line into its own composition when working with multiple lines. This issue was laid out earlier.

I forgot to mention in my last post to point folks to this link - http://aescripts.com/arabictext/. I have not used it so I can't vouch for its efficacy but it's worth a look.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]