ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Morph Background

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nery Romero
Morph Background
on Sep 15, 2010 at 1:39:08 am

Hi, I've been trying to do a power ranger morph on after effects and I'm doing pretty well but I'm having one problem, the blue background. I've been trying to get the lights coming in and out but I can't do. I was wondering if someone could please talk me through on how to do it.

For an example you can check this out:

(I'm talking about the blue lights behind the morpher when he says the name of his zord)

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Morph Background
on Sep 15, 2010 at 3:07:11 am

It looks like an animated shape layer or two with a Glow effect to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Sep 15, 2010 at 7:20:17 am

You can try to apply Light Rays or Trapcode Shine to a layer with animated fractal texture that has a circular mask on it.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Nery Romero
on Sep 15, 2010 at 1:05:00 pm

Awesome, I think I kinda got it to where I'm happy. Thanks so much for your help. I do have one more question though. When the morph is happening there's electricity going on in the background, I was wondering if there was a simple way to do or something like that? Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 15, 2010 at 3:26:04 pm

> When the morph is happening there's electricity going on in the background, I was wondering if there was a simple way to do or something like that?

Advanced Lightning effect

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Nery Romero
on Sep 16, 2010 at 4:12:15 am

yeah I was using that. I was hoping there was a quicker way but I guess not lol. Thanks for your help anyway :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]