ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition lenght question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe LessardComposition lenght question
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 6:21:19 pm

Im searching for a way to change the lenght of the composition that im making by importing a psd as a composition.So in clear, i want to set the lenght of my composition before i import the psd to make the comp.I'have search in prefs, google..etc but find nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Philippe LessardRe: Composition lenght question
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 6:23:47 pm

Sorry I forgot, I use CS4 on mac.

Thank

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Composition lenght question
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 6:25:31 pm

In After FX > Preferences > Import you can set the default length of imported still compositions.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 14, 2010 at 6:45:19 pm

Thank but that do not the trick, like I writed, you have to make a new comp and set the lenght, and it become your default lenght for all subsequente comp you make, but the lenght for the still in the imported psd, can be set in the pref but not the comp lenght.

Thank anyway for taking your time to answer.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 14, 2010 at 6:35:55 pm

Sorry again, i figured out how to do.You just have to make a new comp and set the lenght you want for your imported psd.So when you set a lenght for a comp, it become your default value for every other.

I always knew, but haved a blank...

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Composition lenght question
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 7:05:03 pm

I guess I still don't understand your initial question... but...

You can change the length of any comp you have already created by pressing CMD+K

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2010 at 2:05:20 pm

Yes i know, but when i import a huge psd with a ton of layer/folders, as a composition, AE make a comp for each folder, so 1 psd = 55 compositions, and i dont want to change the lenght of the 55 comps manually, so i have to set the lenght of A NEW COMP, when i do so, the lenght I set become the default lenght value for any other comp I create after, including the lenght of the psd import, as a comp.

Thank for your time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]