ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Using a photo of a ball for CC Sphere

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott BushUsing a photo of a ball for CC Sphere
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 5:58:50 pm

Hi. I am working on a little side project and would like to have a stationary bowling ball on-screen that can rotate like a bowling ball would (it isn't going to actually roll, just rotate around its own axis to show an example of torque and spin).

I know I can use CC Sphere to do what I want, but is it possible to use an image of something that is already a sphere for CC Sphere? I have a still of the perfect bowling ball, but it is of course already round. Is there a way to "unwrap" this bowling ball image so I could re-wrap it around my "CC" sphere? It doesn't have to be perfect, the ball will be relatively small in the frame, and as I said this is a 'fun' project.

Of course I could go and make myself something in Photoshop, but this particular ball was used on the day, so if I could incorporate it it'd be that much more "authentic".

Appreciate any input.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Using a photo of a ball for CC Sphere
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 6:26:44 pm

Use Photoshop to create a texture map for CC Sphere from the image with the ball- cloning tool and some imagination will do.
Or use one of the many free textures you find on google- marble will do.
It would be best to use Zaxwerks Invigorator to import a real 3d model of a bowling ball and texture that.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved