ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

"Continuous Keyframe" hotkey?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben g unguren"Continuous Keyframe" hotkey?
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:13:44 pm

Today I made a dozen "continuous keyframes" by choosing the keyframe, pressing command+shift+k, then checking the "continuous" checkbox. It dawned on me that I've been doing it this way for years, and -- like time spent waiting in traffic -- have probably spent 48 hours performing that key/click combination. Anyone know of a FASTER way to make the Incoming speed and Outgoing speed remain identical? (I'm especially hoping for a single hotkey stroke that I can't find anywhere online.)

Return to posts index

Andy GeorgeRe: "Continuous Keyframe" hotkey?
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:21:59 pm

You could set the default interpolation rather than linear keyframes. Then new keyframes will default to Continous Bezier

"To change the default to linear interpolation, choose Edit > Preferences > General (Windows) or After Effects > Preferences > General (Mac OS), and select Default Spatial Interpolation. Changing the preference setting does not affect keyframes that already exist or new keyframes on properties for which keyframes already exist."

-Andy George
Senior Editor
http://www.chiselindustries.com

Return to posts index

by on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:23:13 pm

Sorry I ment to say

You could set the default interpolation TO CONTINOUS rather than linear keyframes

-Andy George
Senior Editor

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: "Continuous Keyframe" hotkey?
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 4:33:58 pm

Thanks Andy -- but I'm not looking for Continuous Bezier, which influences how the keyframes are interpolated spatially; rather I'm looking for Continuous Keyframe, which influences how keyframes are interpreted temporally. If you've ever worked in the graph editor (Shift F3) and you change the input velocity of a keyframe, you'll notice that it won't change the output velocity unless you do the dance [select keyframe; command+shift+k (this brings up the "Keyframe Velocity" window); check the "Continuous" checkbox]. At least that's how things have been for me....

Spatially I prefer linear keyframes; but temporally I prefer continuous keyframes. I find it gives me the most control in the long run when doing lots of keyframing.

Incidentally, I just ran a test to see if Continuous Bezier keyframes also default to Continuous temporal keyframes, and it doesn't look like they do. Maybe it isn't possible, which would be too bad for a hotkey addict like myself....

Return to posts index

by on Sep 14, 2010 at 6:00:35 pm

Sorry! I should have read your post more carefully.

-Andy George
Senior Editor

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: "Continuous Keyframe" hotkey?
by on Sep 16, 2010 at 3:20:31 am

I don't think there's a shortcut key for that. What I do is select the linear keyframes and then CTRL+CLICK.

HTH
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]