ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Using MatchMover 2011 tracking data with After Effects CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan McGeheeUsing MatchMover 2011 tracking data with After Effects CS5
by on Sep 13, 2010 at 6:38:23 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help, I am trying to use MatchMover 2011 that comes with Maya 2011 to track this shot that zooms into a cave from afar, linearly, and then export data into after effects cs5 so that I can place a 2d element( in this case footage a keyed actor) to which it would change in scale and position based on the tracker points. The goal was to make the actor look like he is in the cave and he lives in the 3d environment. To let you know I did an auto track and I am brand new to the program and I don’t know how I would need to setup the tracking if I did it properly at all. At first the nulls would not show up in after effects, but I found out that was because I needed to rename the tracking pints as “nullxxx” and so on. While the nulls now show up in after effects,it seems that the relation of the world is wrong and I and the nulls do not match up to the image sequence. Please guide a newbie! I am completely lost! Also let me know if matchmover can’t really do this kind of thing very well, I was hoping not have to buy a 3d tracker like Syntheyes, PFTrack, Boujou, or Pfhoe. Look at this link:
I have an attachment so you can see a low res movie to see what I am talking about, its about 1.8 mb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved