ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

multiple screens

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Tannenbaummultiple screens
by on Sep 9, 2010 at 11:09:53 pm

I am not sure even how to describe this accurately. I have been asked to make a multiple screen/multiple output video. Meaning I a would like to have, for example a person walk from one screen to the other or a word move from one screen to the other. I think that there are two ways to do this. One is to make a very large comp and have it span across to monitors. The other is to have 2 completely discreet files that coordinate with each other and play them back simultaneously.

This is only how I've thought of it. Haven't tested it yet. The playback needs to be easy for a novice to turn on once it's installed.

Any ideas for both the production side and the playback solutions. I don't really know where to begin or even the words to use when doing a Google search.

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: multiple screens
by on Sep 10, 2010 at 12:00:40 am

You may want to post this question to the Live Events forum.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: multiple screens
by on Sep 10, 2010 at 12:37:10 am

[Brian Charles] "You may want to post this question to the Live Events forum."

I agree... but I'm biased.

Before you post your question, you might read through some results from a search on "multi screen" in the Live & Stage Events forum -- you will find a lot of background information that will prove helpful.

I'll also add that your production pipeline will be driven by your display system, and your display system will be driven by a combination of your creative requirements, your budget, and the physical space for the installation or event. You have to start at the end of the process before you can think about the beginning.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved