ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Using Autodesk Matcmover with After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan McGeheeUsing Autodesk Matcmover with After Effects
by on Sep 9, 2010 at 1:56:17 pm

Hey Guys,

I am thinking about getting Maya 2011 as my 3d package, but had a question about the 3d tracking software that comes with it called Autodesk Matchmover. I was wondering if you could bring in a images sequence and then export it to After Effects CS5, bypassing Maya. The idea is that I want to use the 3d tracking to 2d elements in after effects and make them look like they are 3d elements. For example I have some keyed actors who I want to look like they live in that 3d environment, i.e. when the camera makes a basic 3d move like a zoom they will stick on that plane. Do you export it as a .ma file and import it or what would be the best way to do it?

Return to posts index

Jordan McGeheeRe: Using Autodesk Matcmover with After Effects
by on Sep 10, 2010 at 1:33:13 pm

Hey guys I think I know how to do it by saving it as a .ma file, but After Effects does not recognize the name of the trackers, they must be renamed as the first part as "null...". Is there a way in matchmover or Maya to rename all the points globally, or do I have to click on all the individual points to rename them, there are hundreds of them?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved