ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects rendering issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Ochsner
after effects rendering issues
on Sep 6, 2010 at 10:56:49 pm

I am having trouble rendering out the last portion of my after effects file. It is fragmenting and will not allow me to render it completely. If you have any solutions to this issue I would greatly appreciate them. I have looked online as well as through your website and have not found any help.

Thanks,

Ryan

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: after effects rendering issues
on Sep 7, 2010 at 12:55:54 am

[Ryan Ochsner] "It is fragmenting and will not allow me to render it completely."

could you describe 'fragmenting'? and is ae crashing before finishing the render, or are you getting an error, or is it just stopping, but not finishing the render?

also, what version of ae and what os are you using?

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Ryan Ochsner
on Sep 7, 2010 at 2:53:22 pm

I am using After Effects CS4 and my operating system is an Imac OS X Leopard. I believe it has 4g of RAM. There is an error message that directs me to the preferences drop down menu to adjust the memory and multiprocessing options and to adjust RAM to leave to other applications. The error message also recommends to select the enable disk cache option under media and disk cache menu.

By fragmenting I mean the project is being rendered correctly up until the last few seconds and the last part of the project disappears. It acts like it randomly chooses what it wants to render at that last section of the project. The project is a hallway if that helps you visualize what I'm trying to say. The last section is a couple of doors and the walls, floor and ceiling, of course. I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 7, 2010 at 2:59:01 pm

[Ryan Ochsner] "I believe it has 4g of RAM. "

There's the problem. In AE terms, 4 gigs is almost bare-bones. You'll have to turn off multiprocessing and leave it off.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 7, 2010 at 3:36:12 pm

[Ryan Ochsner] "By fragmenting I mean the project is being rendered correctly up until the last few seconds and the last part of the project disappears. It acts like it randomly chooses what it wants to render at that last section of the project. The project is a hallway if that helps you visualize what I'm trying to say. The last section is a couple of doors and the walls, floor and ceiling, of course. I hope this helps."

Like Dave said -- turn off multiprocessing.

Also, if you are rendering with OpenGL, disable it.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]