ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

1080p export settings for uploading to You Tube?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Daniels1080p export settings for uploading to You Tube?
by on Sep 6, 2010 at 5:33:06 pm

I want to be able to export my videos as HD 1920x 1080 to You Tube for the highest quality I can achieve, I am just not sure what settings to export it out as or if I should even use After Effects CS5 for exporting to You Tube.

If not After Effects, would I export as an uncompressed AVI from After Effects then export it in another program for You Tube.

Again I want to achieve the highest possible quality that I can. The videos that I do want to post will be from 1 minute to possibly 5 minutes long, nothing longer than that.

Any thoughts? I just do not know how to export! Quicktime? wmv? Do I export from After Effects? Premiere Pro? Another outside program? Decisions decisions.....

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: 1080p export settings for uploading to You Tube?
by on Sep 7, 2010 at 1:15:58 am

youtube should give all the specs you need... i think they recommend 1280x720, progressive, i'm not sure of the frame rate, but i'd bet they prefer 23.976 or 29.97 over 54.94 fps due to bandwidth.

i would render your final from ae as lossless animation, then use a compression app, like mpeg streamclip or adobe's media encoder to compress for upload. i'd probably go with a straight .mp4 for the container with h.264 for the codec.

if you use streamclip, choose export to mpeg-4 and select h.264. check the multipass and b-frame options and don't mess with the sizes or scaling options. you can uncheck any interlacing options, but it shouldn't matter if the source is progressive. i think aac is and option for audio, so try that at the native rate (probably 48k), but you may need to experiment some with audio.

once you have something that works well you can save the settings as a preset. streamclip also allows for batch list too, so you can dump a bunch of files in and walk away...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved