ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to export what i rotobrushed.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon JafariHow to export what i rotobrushed.
by on Sep 6, 2010 at 7:56:40 am

Hi, I'm a super noob at adobe after effects, and right now I'm very confused and frustrated with it. So i rotobrushed about 15 seconds of footage in CS5, and now i want to export it so I can put it in adobe premiere. I put in it in the render queue, turned on all effects and what not, and tried to export it. What i get is just the original video, and the layer that i rotoscoped out doesn't show up. I froze the segmentation and everything. I'm at a loss. How do I export this video? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How to export what i rotobrushed.
by on Sep 6, 2010 at 7:46:06 pm

If you are new to After Effects, don't start by trying to use the Roto Brush tool. Seriously. It's a powerful and great feature (full disclosure: I worked on its development), but it's an advanced feature.

Start here to learn the basics first:

That said, if you want to render and export a movie with an alpha channel (transparency information), then you have to use a format that can include an alpha channel, and you have to specify that you want to include the alpha channel in the output module settings.

But, even that's probably not really the way to go if you just want to use this in Premiere Pro. You may be better off using Dynamic Link so that you don't have to create an intermediate movie.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved