ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering error while writing to file in After effects CS 5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Lagerwall
Rendering error while writing to file in After effects CS 5
on Sep 4, 2010 at 4:10:49 am

Hi

I have a problem with After Effects CS 5 on Windows 7 64 bit.

When I try to render out quicktime formats in After Effects I get an error message:

---------------------------

After Effects error: Rendering error while writing to file "E:/ . Unable to open file. (-1610153459)

--------------------------

Rendering to other drives, like C: or D: works fine but as soon as I try to render to the E partiton

I get this error.... It must have something to do with permissions on that partition.

I dont want to reinstall windows,- any help would be wonderful.

I am using latest quick time. I have tried deleting cache, loading default settings etc.

Return to posts index

Alperen T. Ayhan
Re: Rendering error while writing to file in After effects CS 5
on Sep 4, 2010 at 9:00:57 pm

Is your E: drive usb external HDD? and if so, is it NTFS? if not, fat32 file systems are not capable more than 4096 MBs. this may cause the problem. If it is internal HDD, check it out for bad sectors. ( I have got that message once, and problem was bad sector) or if it is a partition of a single HDD, I recommend make partitions again. Are you still using 1TB HDD? If so, definitely use "sea tools" (it is for seagate) to check the system or make partitions..

Alperen T. AYHAN
http://www.sinamasal.com
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

Hani Tiby
on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:38:03 pm

I have the same problem,
it happened only after I upgraded QT to V 7.6.9
I can render on all drives but the G: drive.
I'm using Win7 64bit
and AE cs5.

Return to posts index

Chris Tabor
on Oct 7, 2011 at 1:39:15 pm

I also have the problem. i can render quicktime files to any drive but my main media drive. That is 3-1tb drives striped together. I even tries deleting the stripe set and recreating it. Then on an unrelated note, I had a drive fail so I replaced the drive and rebuilt the set. Still have the problem! It's not hardware. I am on windows 7 with ae5.5

Return to posts index

Osvaldo rivera
on Jun 14, 2012 at 7:43:33 am

I got the same issue, was driving me nust till I figured out that I could save the files in other disk. anyway, the problem is already there. I had Quicktime pro 7.5 and upgraded to 7.76 but the problem was still there. Also the gamma value for my .MOV files in After Effects is messed up! (washed out colors) Any solution anyone?! >.<

SPECS:
Windows 7 64 bits
AFTER EFFECTS CS5.5
Quicktime pro 7.76
K-lite 8 mega pack codecs and Update of the pack

Return to posts index

haibin guo
on Jul 30, 2012 at 9:16:21 am

我也同样遇到了这个问题,但是经过我反复研究发现还是win7的权限问题,你把不能渲染的硬盘盘符,名字换掉,会提示你需要管理员权限,点击ok,然后再去渲染,问题已经解决,非常完美。

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]