ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to acchieve this effect? poly's/particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cassius MarquesHow to acchieve this effect? poly's/particles
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 7:33:07 pm

Hello,

I was hoping someone could give me some directions on how to get a Text(or image) to break up in pollys (or custom particles) and still being able to have some forces controls like with particular or form.

like this...

As far as i know particular or form won't be able to "shatter" the layer, using its alpha to "crop" particles that are placed on its boundaries

And other plug-ins like shatter or pixel Polly (that break the text in the desired look) have poor camera and force controls

any in-between that I'm unaware of?

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: How to acchieve this effect? poly's/particles
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 10:46:51 pm

I'm astonished that you think pixel polly doesn't work. Videocopilot.net uses it for his stuff and his stuff looks fantastic. Perhaps you're not using all the controls in the options menu. Can you be more precise in "poor camera and force controls?"

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: How to acchieve this effect? poly's/particles
by on Sep 6, 2010 at 5:20:56 pm

thanks for the reply...

anyway, for start, pixel polly has no built in camera at all...it will only work if the camera is perpendicular to the layer. I'm aware of that example in VCP's site, yet it's very limited.

And what I mean by forces, is some kind of turbulence field that I can tweak. Like those in Trapcode Particular.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How to acchieve this effect? poly's/particles
by on Sep 7, 2010 at 1:35:37 pm

Look for Test to Sand to Sand tutorials. I believe there are some out there that should be able to help. Also look for logo to particles tutorials.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]