ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D Mesh/Body Overlay

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Symonds3D Mesh/Body Overlay
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 8:50:23 am

Hi guys!

Just wondering if anyone has a solution to an enormous problem i have. Im looking at overlaying a graphic on a still image to higlight body parts, muscles in particular. However i cant find a way to do it without everything looking flat and rubbish. If anybody has any insight or ideas as to how to do this most effectively that would be great!

Im looking to produce an overlay that really highlights the muscle and focuses the viewers attention to that particular body part. So far ive been playing with shapes, but im relatively new to this game and could do with a pointer in the right direction.

Cheers

James

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 3D Mesh/Body Overlay
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 2:57:43 pm

[James Symonds] "i cant find a way to do it without everything looking flat and rubbish. If anybody has any insight or ideas as to how to do this most effectively that would be great!"

PLAN A:
Get a 3D application. Create a 3D model on which you can map your graphics. Composite in AE.

PLAN B:
Get AE 10 (aka CS5). Use the newly-bundled Freeform effect to warp graphics around body parts. Frustrate the heck out of yourself making painstaking, frame-by-frame adjustments as the subject moves.

PLAN C:
Get someone else to do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mike robertsRe: 3D Mesh/Body Overlay
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 5:35:14 pm

Hey James,

Are you trying to make say, the bicep glow red underneath the skin to highlight its position? Can you post what you've got so far? Might help to get an idea of the look you're after.

Return to posts index

James SymondsRe: 3D Mesh/Body Overlay
by on Sep 6, 2010 at 1:34:46 pm

Yeah, glowing red under the skin would be something im looking at. Currently, i have pre comped a bunch of lines to give a mesh effect and then masked around it and used a reduced opacity fill to give it some background. I've then overlayed this where i need the effect. This looks pretty good but anything else you can think of would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Mike robertsRe: 3D Mesh/Body Overlay
by on Sep 10, 2010 at 10:50:45 pm

can you post a sample?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]