ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Expanding bubble effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan LochovskýExpanding bubble effect
by on Sep 2, 2010 at 4:14:19 pm

Hi,
im not familiar with any 3d software, so i was wondering, if its posibble to achieve that growing bubble which distorts everything behind it, in AE. Here´s what im talking about

I tried some masking with distort effects, but it just doesnt look right.

Thx in advance

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Expanding bubble effect
by on Sep 2, 2010 at 6:42:52 pm

I can't see the video you linked due to restrictions on the network where I work, but I have an idea of what you're going for.

If it's one bubble, you could put an adjustment layer below your bubble layer and apply a bulge effect to it. Then tie the bulge effect's center point to the position of the bubble layer with an expression.

For future reference, saying that you tried something but it "just didn't look right" isn't helpful. Providing a screenshot or example movie or, at the very least, explaining what didn't look right about it will get us a lot further along the road to being able to help you.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jan LochovskýRe: Expanding bubble effect
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 7:40:16 am

Thanks a lot for advice, however, bulge distortion isn´t what im trying to achieve.
Here are two pics from the video i posted, first one shows the fluidy surface of the bubble/shockwave and second one the distort effect.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/drogy/Screenshot-39.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/drogy/Screenshot-49.jpg

Im sorry i can´t post my AE pics as im not on work computer, so i´ll try to describe it. I have very simple landscape still, just field and sky. When i put distorts on it, bulge and CC lens included, it looks flat. So i made my landscape a little 3d using camera projection, but than again, the bubble/shockwave doesnt spread like a sphere, more like a circle (as it is not 3d). I tried to use CC Sphere, but i cant make it transparent with that fluidy surface.

Hope this makes more sense.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Expanding bubble effect
by on Sep 6, 2010 at 9:41:57 pm

That can be achieved by creating your distortion any way you'd like (a precomp with fractal noise driving a Displacement Map effect would be one good way) on a duplicate of your footage layer and masking it. (Or, possibly with an Adjustment Layer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]