ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

multi monitor workspace forgetfullness

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Bentleymulti monitor workspace forgetfullness
by on Sep 2, 2010 at 3:28:47 am

So I've been dealing with this issue for a while, and with all the issues with cs4/5 and AE it has seemed a minor one but now it's getting tedious.
If I make a new workspace with all the palettes set to where I want them, why when I choose that new workspace either immediately after creating it, or at some later time once AE has been restarted, do most of the pallets not return to the spot I save them in? Especially my timeline which is supposed to fill a second display.
Even the presets don't seem to work the same way every time.
I know I'm not crazy because, while I've been searching for an answer, I've seen a number of video tutorials on how to do this that claim that it's one of the best features of AE, and I would agree except that if you watch closely, their pallets don't return to the spot they specified either. But like the good demo artists they are they just keep talking as if it did work and hopefully the audience won't notice.
This used to work great in pre AE8 versions and I've had the interface spread over up to 4 monitors. But now on my MacBook Pro with twin monitors (ATY,RadeonX1600) and current drivers and latest patches for AE, it seems to be a challenge.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: multi monitor workspace forgetfullness
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 12:06:07 am

some people write protect there preferences txt file so that they don't get random changes, use at your own risk.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved