ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects compositions/videoclips

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mathm masonafter effects compositions/videoclips
by on Sep 1, 2010 at 3:28:03 pm

this problem is really stopping me from learning ae , i imported a premiere pro project into after effects, i dragged the composition onto the ae timeline, and it came up, it was fine, there was just one problem: i couldn't change the mode , no effects could be added to it, i think it was because instead of video clips that came up, they were compositions, mind you this problem has never occurred before, now i can't do anything to the composition clips now, and in my project tab in ae, instead of only video clips and solids and text and stuff, it has all that plus the exact same video clips, but in composition mode, can you please help?

ty Matthew

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: after effects compositions/videoclips
by on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:22:59 pm

[mathm mason] "this problem is really stopping me from learning ae"

There's this old joke about a guy who goes to the doctor complaining about pain in his elbow when he bends his arm. "It hurts when I do that" the guy says.
"Then don't do that," replies the doctor.

You've got a similar case. You're trying to jump into the deep end of the pool without knowing how deep it is. Have you noticed that the AE tutorials only use three or four clips of video at most? So why don't you just import three or four clips of video into AE and start learning?

Forget about exotica like importing a Premiere project into AE until you've gone over it step-by-step in AE Help, and you know what you're doing.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

mathm masonRe: after effects compositions/videoclips
by on Sep 2, 2010 at 12:39:37 pm

no, i just want to edit a video and add effects to it thats all, the this is really stopping me from learning after effects is not a big deal, i just want to fix this minor problem as shown in the other thread of mines.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 2, 2010 at 12:43:12 pm

and this problem has never even occured before, ive already imported dozens of premeire pro projs into AE already,and exported them succefully with effects added, this is the firs time its happened

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: after effects compositions/videoclips
by on Sep 2, 2010 at 6:44:23 pm

What version of AE?
What version of Premiere?
What codec is used in your video clips?

Although, no matter what, you should still be able to apply effects in your AE timeline whether it's a composition or not.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 3, 2010 at 10:18:12 am

they are both cs5, and my codec is avchd, which i have used many times before

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: after effects compositions/videoclips
by on Sep 6, 2010 at 9:38:56 pm

Could you provide a screenshot?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]