ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Removing one bezier handle from motion path?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James McCavana
Removing one bezier handle from motion path?
on Aug 31, 2010 at 9:47:55 am

Hello Creative Cow,

I'm having a brain scrunching problem that I just can't seem to figure out. I've set up a really cool cylindrical video wall that I have a camera whizzing around and viewing different sides, stopping momentarily on certain images before moving on etc.

For this example, imagine the camera coming to rest on a key-frame, which has an identical key-frame 3 seconds later, so the camera is stationary for 3 seconds (in theory). The first key-frame is Easy-In, and the second keyframe is Easy-Out. The problem is, there's a bit of camera wobble between the two keyframes. I've looked at the custom views to analyse the motion path and can see there's an unnecessary bezier handle on each of the keyframes.

I've tried everything I can to remove one of the bezier handles from each keyframe, but can't do it. I've tried shrinking the handle down to nothing, but there's still detectable wobble.

Please, could somebody help me? How do I remove one bezier handle from a keyframe that has two?

I hope this makes sense, thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

James M.

Freelance Broadcast Editor.
http://www.curb47.co.uk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Removing one bezier handle from motion path?
on Aug 31, 2010 at 3:24:49 pm

Highlight the incoming keyframe -- the one with easy ease in -- and use the Toggle Hold Keyframe command.

That's it! Done! The motion will ease in, remain rock-steady, then ease out.

Hold Keyframes -- Learn 'em! Love 'em!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James McCavana
on Aug 31, 2010 at 3:35:47 pm

Hi Dave,

After I posted my question earlier on today I actually did a refined search of the Creative Cow forum and discovered a thread called 'Key frame boondoggle.' dated Apr 25, 2007 where somebody asked a similar question to mine.
In this thread you answered the query in detail, explaining the Toggle Hold Keyframe command, and it worked a treat, job done!

In a way, I guess I should thank you twice, once for the 3-year-old-answer, and once for today's.

So, Thank You, and Thank You.

Regards,

James M.

Freelance Broadcast Editor.
http://www.curb47.co.uk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 31, 2010 at 5:21:34 pm

Glad to hear it worked for you, and you're welcome, you're welcome!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]