ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

how to... slow-motion / real time effect ???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janis Krivanshow to... slow-motion / real time effect ???
by on Aug 31, 2010 at 6:26:06 am

First of all sorry for my bad english :)
So, I'am not sure it's a right place to ask about that, but anyway...

Is anyone know how to make a video effect (or this is filming method) which is looks like slow motion in real time (sorry, I don't know how to call it). For example "Nightwish" music video "Wish I Had An Angel" -

I mean these moments where the character is moving slow but it looks like it's happening in real time.

Of course, I found one trick how to make that, it's when you speed up music to 150%, then shoot the artists with this fast music and then in editing software slow down this video. Hmm, probably it's works, actually I'am sure it will works but I'am not sure about result, I mean quality of result. Maybe here is some other methods how to make that?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: how to... slow-motion / real time effect ???
by on Sep 1, 2010 at 1:55:06 am

I watched the first part of that video and didn't see what you were talking about. It's not polite to assume that people will watch a 4-minute to try to figure out what you're talking about. Giving us a specific time to look at would be better.

If you want to do slow motion, you'll probably be using time stretching, time remapping, or the Timewarp effect, all of which are described here.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: how to... slow-motion / real time effect ???
by on Sep 1, 2010 at 1:25:21 pm

Especially if you don't have a camera that is capable of "overcranking" (or filming at a faster frame rate), it would be much better to speed your music up to 200%. That way, when you slow your footage down in your editing program, you'll have better-looking slow motion. 50% speed essentially uses your interlaced frames individually rather than forcing it to slightly interpolate frames.
Also, 50% speed isn't even as slow as you'll probably want it to be. Shoot a test with yourself. It wouldn't take real long.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved