ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects CS 4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Quincy AdamAfter Effects CS 4
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 1:09:44 pm

Every time I try to switch over from Premier Pro to After Effects, the video turns green and I can't view the video. I have the creative suite for MAC. I wasn't sure if it was a software issue or platform issue.

The only way I can use After Effects is by completing my editing in Premier, then export the entire movie, then importing it into After Effects. I know there's a more efficient way, but it's the only way that has been successful for me. Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: After Effects CS 4
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 1:26:48 pm

usually green footage is an indicator that you don't have the codec that is needed to decode the footage... which seems strange in this case since i assume the that you have premiere and ae on the same machine, and if premiere can use the footage, then you would assume that ae could too.

however, that may not be the case. i remember when adobe first added support for dvcprohd in mxf format. they did that first in premiere, then later in ae.

you could export a clip from premiere to another codec (i would go with qt lossless animation to preserve quality). take the export into ae for effecting, and render back to qt lossless animation. bring that into premiere and replace the previously exported clip with the new render.

another option would be to find another codec to use in premiere that ae will also read, then use dynamic link to go between premiere and after effects. if you are mid-project, this probably isn't what you want to do, but you might do some experimentation for future projects.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects CS 4
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 2:35:32 pm

I recall ProRes can give AE problems. Could that be it?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved