ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I/O Disk Error (Bad Media) Render Issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter HempenI/O Disk Error (Bad Media) Render Issues
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 3:01:53 am

Previous to this post I did search the forums, and yes, there are in fact people before me that have had issues with the I/O Disk Error Bad Media (39:44) whatever ordeal. However, theirs were inconsistent. Every time I export anything in CS4 After Effects, the render will abruptly stop about 3/4 of the way through, and give me the I/O error message...

I haven't installed any new devices, drivers, programs, etc, nothing - suddenly the same old media I've always used can't render through anymore upon export. I've seen people who attempt to answer in previous posts say, "Oh, well don't use that type of file." or "Why are you using mpeg for that?". Not good enough, in my case AE just started doing this out of the blue...

Now, any ideas as to what I should do?

Also, I'm using the usual .mov files and typically rendering audio as well...which shouldn't be an issue since I've done this before with the program.

Thanks,
Hunterrr

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: I/O Disk Error (Bad Media) Render Issues
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 5:48:14 am

if you only import a tiff sequence, then render out a tiff sequence
then you can safely say it's a hardware or plugin issue and not a corrupted codec issue of some sort. Best of luck.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: I/O Disk Error (Bad Media) Render Issues
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 5:58:21 pm

[Hunter Hempen] "Now, any ideas as to what I should do?"

Understanding that you don't want to go beyond the 80% full mark, do you have sufficient room on the disc for the file?

[Hunter Hempen] "I've seen people who attempt to answer in previous posts say, "Oh, well don't use that type of file." or "Why are you using mpeg for that?". Not good enough... I'm using the usual .mov files and typically rendering audio as well...which shouldn't be an issue since I've done this before with the program. "

If you have in fact used footage with long-gop codecs and compressed audio in AE 9, you most certainly CAN anticipate render woes, even if the same kind of footage gave you no problems in the past. Consider yourself lucky that you got it to work as long as you did.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]