ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Premiere Pro - Aftereffects Rendering problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabian CarusoPremiere Pro - Aftereffects Rendering problem
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 5:34:32 pm

Hello,

I'm working with Premiere Pro and Aftereffects CS5, but I'm having a problem with my workflow, the import/export part.
Basically I edit my HD footage, export it from Premiere Pro: everyting fine. Then I import it to Aftereffects, but the footage in AE isn't like the one I saw in Premiere, the quality is low or the overall speed changes. I have tried to export in different formats, like .avi, .quicktime, .tiff image sequence etc but the results aren't satisfying.

Thanks to everybody for any advice or help.
Have a nice day :)

Fab Car

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Premiere Pro - Aftereffects Rendering problem
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 7:04:56 pm

How long have you been using After Effects?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Fabian CarusoRe: Premiere Pro - Aftereffects Rendering problem
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 7:50:58 pm

Not too long, about 3 month. To this day I have only worked inside AE to perfect my skills, but the connection and workflow between Premiere Pro and AE has given me some problems.

Fab Car

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Premiere Pro - Aftereffects Rendering problem
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 9:00:07 pm

Thanks for the information. I think you expect After Effects to work like Premiere, but it doesn't.

For example, you can't play anything in After Effects. When you hit the space bar, AE begins rendering frames one after another. AE was designed for effects and compositing, not editing. To see how your work looks in motion, you need to do a RAM Preview by hitting the zero key on the numeric keypad.

If you haven't used AE very much yet, I think you will find this useful:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

There is a lot of good information there.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Aug 27, 2010 at 9:13:06 pm

Thank you for kind answer.
I fortunatly know these basic things like editing and effects and the difference between AE and PP, but I have a specific problem with rendered footage coming from Premiere Pro inside AE.
The quality is lower and the overall settings also change in some cases (tiff image sequence). I'm trying to figure out what it depends on, for a clean workflow. If you can help in some way I would be glad.

Thanks a lot again :)

Fab Car

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Premiere Pro - Aftereffects Rendering problem
by on Aug 28, 2010 at 2:27:58 am

[Fabian Caruso] "The quality is lower and the overall settings also change in some cases (tiff image sequence). I'm trying to figure out what it depends on, for a clean workflow. If you can help in some way I would be glad."

Could you tell us exactly what you're doing to get from Premiere to AE? The more specifics you provide, the more we'll be able to help. A screen shot would be helpful.

Without knowing more, I'd guess that perhaps you are not previewing at full resolution, which would make the footage appear blocky.

As for the "overall settings" changing for your TIFF sequences, you should know that AE defaults to interpreting image sequences at 30 fps. If you are using any other frame rate, you'll need to change the defaults or change the footage interpretation.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Aug 28, 2010 at 10:31:56 am

Hello,

thank you for your reply, I'll try to be more specific:

The first thing I do is export (Export > Media) the edited HD footage from Premiere Pro CS5 (I have tried different formats like .avi, .mov, .wmv and tiff image sequence), subsequently I import the footage to Aftereffects CS5 and create a composition, but I notice that the footage has a lower resolution and in the case of the tiff image sequence the footage is also faster (I have adjusted the frame rate to 30 fps).

Basically the footage has an unsatisfactory look inside AE, it changes completly form what I had inside PP.

I hope that I'm clear in my explanation.
Thank you again, have a nice day :)

Fab Car

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Premiere Pro - Aftereffects Rendering problem
by on Aug 30, 2010 at 1:26:15 pm

[Fabian Caruso] "Basically the footage has an unsatisfactory look inside AE, it changes completly form what I had inside PP."

Any chance you can post a screeenshot of your entire After Effects user interface (including the footage)?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]