ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS5 patch renders are sloooooooow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dester WallabooAE CS5 patch renders are sloooooooow
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 4:25:02 pm

OK..... so I have a pretty beefy machine. But this problem doesn't have to do with my machine, but with the way CS5 has changed the way it looks at comps. In CS4, if I needed to make a quick patch, I could place the previously fully rendered file on the top of the comp. Knock a hole where my change/patch needed to take place, and then render it off again. CS4 would clip along at a fast pace.... ignoring all the layers below the top rendered file. As it should. However... CS5 has gone backwards and no longer ignores the layers below the rendered QuickTime. Even though there are no alpha holes or the like. Just a solid rendered QuickTime.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE CS5 patch renders are sloooooooow
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 4:32:51 pm

I'm sorry to say that I don't know why AE would do that, but you DO know the workaround, right?

Nest the corrected, original comp in a new comp, add the rendered AE file to the new comp, and start splitting layers. It ought to work like a charm.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dester WallabooRe: AE CS5 patch renders are sloooooooow
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 4:33:50 pm

Nope... it doesn't work... same issue... it looks at everything. Definitely a new CS5 bug.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE CS5 patch renders are sloooooooow
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 4:45:03 pm

Wait, this is getting weird.

You mean if you nest your comp, then split it (or trim in & out points if you prefer) so that only the correction is visible, AE STILL runs slowly, as if the entire nested comp is visible from frame zero?

Do you have any time-modification effects or expressions in the original comp?

If you don't, I'm with you: this could be a bug. Here's where to go to report it:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

In order to diagnose the problem, Adobe asks a BUNCH of questions.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dester WallabooRe: AE CS5 patch renders are sloooooooow
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 4:46:58 pm

Nope... no changes.... nothing. It makes no difference. I've tried this on multiple projects with the same result in CS5.

Return to posts index

Erik LindahlRe: AE CS5 patch renders are sloooooooow
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 11:46:38 pm

This is odd. From my experience AE CS5 handles re-renders / caching WAY better than CS4.

------------------------
Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services
http://www.freecloud.se

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]