ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problems with new imac 27" and after effects cs 5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Lagerwall
Problems with new imac 27" and after effects cs 5
on Aug 26, 2010 at 5:55:30 pm

Hi , I got problems with my new iMac 27" containing ATI Radeon HD 5750 as display adapter.

While editing different kind of clips in after effects I usually get this error message:
----------------
After Effects error: AE_OpenGL: This composition is too complex for the OpenGL features of your display card. Please check with your display card vendor for the latest drivers. Visit http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/opengl.html for a list of recommended display cards and drivers that support OpenGL in After Effects. You may also wish to disable OpenGL in Preferences > Previews.
-----------------

It can happen all the time and it is very annoying, I though the new iMac could handle after effects perfectly without any bugs...
I am thinking about returning the computer because of this error.
Does anyone else got the same problems with this system?

I cant do much about the driver , my system got the latest update 1,4 and I am running snow leopard 64-bit...

Does anyone got similar problems with this setup, any help would be very useful. I really want this computer but I need it work flawless.

regards...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Problems with new imac 27" and after effects cs 5
on Aug 26, 2010 at 6:04:06 pm

Well, did you check the Open GL list BEFORE you got that iMac?
Did you check After Effects' system requirements for before you got the new iMac?

Or did you simply assume life would be good with a new machine?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Leo Lagerwall
on Aug 26, 2010 at 6:35:08 pm

Strange , what I can see , my card is supported...
I guess it is snow leopard that causes the problems?

I don't understand why people are talking about the new imac and After effects together. I thought that everything would work perfectly fine... Then everyone who bought an iMac and are going to use After Effects have to disable the opengl support when using After effects...

Thank you for fast reply...

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 26, 2010 at 6:42:26 pm

[Leo Lagerwall] "everyone who bought an iMac and are going to use After Effects have to disable the opengl support when using After effects"

I recommend that everyone disables Open GL support. It has a couple limitations I consider show-stoppers. From the Render with OpenGL page in the documentation:
Important: Because not all features of a composition can be rendered with OpenGL—and because some features that can be rendered with OpenGL are rendered with different results—you may only want to use OpenGL rendering to accelerate previews and to provide faster rendering for non-final results.

Note: You cannot use the Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing feature while also using OpenGL to render RAM previews or render for final output. The Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously feature works by using background processes on multiple CPU processor cores to render frames.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 26, 2010 at 6:16:09 pm

So disable OpenGL. You won't miss it.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 26, 2010 at 8:48:44 pm

Walter is right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]