ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render Settings for 42" Plasma

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Siobhan CogswellRender Settings for 42" Plasma
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 3:47:40 pm

I have to create a presentation to be played on a 42" Plasma at a tradeshow. The plasma that it will be displayed on is:

42" 1024x768, 16:9

Please tell me what composition settings I should use to create the file, and what are the best render settings if I am going to play it using either a DVD player or a laptop.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Render Settings for 42" Plasma
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 4:20:58 pm

I vote for the DVD. You can author a DVD to automatically play then endlessly loop playback, no intervention necessary. It would be ideal for a trade show.

In which case, make your AE comp in the DV Widescreen preset of your country: PAL or NTSC. Render a high-quality file in AE. Use a different application to convert it to mpeg2 for DVD authoring.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Render Settings for 42" Plasma
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 4:24:52 pm

I think Dave's advice is sound, but I'd consider producing the animation in HD and scaling down in compression.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Render Settings for 42" Plasma
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 4:41:04 pm

[Walter Soyka] "I'd consider producing the animation in HD and scaling down in compression."

Good point. It won't give a DVD any greater resolution, but it will give the project a much longer life if it needs to be revisited with an upgrade to Blu-Ray at a later date.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Render Settings for 42" Plasma
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 5:47:55 pm

I would prefer to playback off of a laptop but have a DVD version on hand in case the laptop farts up.
The laptop would be a higher res file and would look much better on that screen.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Render Settings for 42" Plasma
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 6:00:29 pm

[Michael Szalapski] "I would prefer to playback off of a laptop but have a DVD version on hand in case the laptop farts up. The laptop would be a higher res file and would look much better on that screen."

Or better still, an HD media player or Blu-ray player (if the monitor has the appropriate connectivity). Western Digital makes a media player that comes up in every thread on this topic.

Laptops scare me for live playback unless they're specifically set up for live playback (appropriate players and codecs installed, power management features off, networking off, virus scanners off, all non-essential services off, etc.).

I have seen many corporate laptops where the users didn't have -- and couldn't get -- administrator access to properly configure the systems. I worked on a webcast where the client provided laptops to save rental fees. Instead, they paid someone to wiggle the mouse every 5 minutes to prevent the screen from locking and shutting down the webcast feed.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]