ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Autotrace batch?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John KnapichAutotrace batch?
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 1:02:36 pm

I need to autotrace a bunch of layers. Is there anyway to set up a batch for overnight? I can only select it for the current layer and it quits when I click off of the layer or to the finder.
thanks

FCP 6.06, OS 10.5.8 2x3GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Kona LHe, Dulce Duo-eSATA 8 Drive, 4TB Raid.

John Knapich
Creative Director/Partner
Assembypix.tv

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Autotrace batch?
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 4:49:21 pm

Sorry, but it doesn't look good.

I just did a quick look at AE's online help in the Auto-Trace section; they're really good about adding comments, which is where you'd find references to a script to do what you want. Nothing there.

Then there's this to consider: unless you've already pulled a good key on these layers, or you are simply Auto-Tracing existing alpha channels, your results would be extremely variable... even if batch Auto-tracing were possible.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Karl-Jason MawdsleyRe: Autotrace batch?
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 7:38:41 pm

Hi John,

Like Dave said, I can't see this being the best way to do something but a possible work around would be to place all the layers you need to autotrace sequentially > Precompose and then autotrace that one layer.
Tomorrow morning you can just split the results into separate layers.

Hope this helps.

KJ Mawdsley
Editor/Mograph Designer

Return to posts index

John KnapichRe: Autotrace batch?
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 7:42:55 pm

thanks guys. I thought the only way to go was to precompose.
I am trying to do tight "junk" mattes for a bunch of green screen scenes, so I am starting with a keyed scene.

FCP 6.06, OS 10.5.8 2x3GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Kona LHe, Dulce Duo-eSATA 8 Drive, 4TB Raid.

John Knapich
Creative Director/Partner
Assembypix.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]