Particular problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike milyavsky
Particular problem
on Aug 24, 2010 at 8:32:25 pm

Hello,

I'm having a problem using particular to build 3d roads:

I have a particle comp for the road texture which is about 200 x 10 and am using lights as emitters. Everything looks great and animates perfectly, as the roads grow out and around the "planet." However, for some reason at the most outward point in each emitters path there seems to be some sort of distortion. I really have no clue why this is happening and have tried rebuilding it many times as well as moving around the emitter path with the exact same results no matter what. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

I have uploaded a reduced project here:

mikemotiondesign.com/storage/ParticularRoads_collected.zip

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Particular problem
on Aug 24, 2010 at 8:47:42 pm

what happens if you use a long camera lens. I know that can cause distortion if you use wide angle lenses.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

mike milyavsky
on Aug 24, 2010 at 8:51:46 pm

The problem persists at the exact same points no matter the camera lens

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Aug 24, 2010 at 9:58:22 pm

Using your settings I made a circular path for the emitter (using an expression) and saw little of the distortion that's in your file. Not really sure what the issue is but here are a few ideas.

The distortion seems to be occurring exactly at the position of the roving keyframes on the emitter.

It may be a combination of factors, sub pixel positioning of very thin lines, time-sampling in Particular and the motion path of the emitter.

Return to posts index

Antony Buonomo
on Aug 25, 2010 at 9:36:55 am

This is a known problem and Trapcode have included a solution in Particular 2. Under the Emitter section play with 'Position Subframe', often 10x Linear works great but you may have to amp it up a little at the expense of rendering times if it's still not working for you.

A

Vertigo Productions

http://www.vertigo.co.uk

Return to posts index

mike milyavsky
on Aug 25, 2010 at 2:19:43 pm

Antony,

Its currently turned on, it makes it a bit better, but its what you see in the image so still quite a problem, Brian's solution of creating a perfect circular path works, however, if you have any suggestions that will allow any path that would be greatly appreciated

Mike

Return to posts index

mike milyavsky
on Aug 25, 2010 at 2:15:34 pm

Hey Brian,

Thanks, that seems to solve the problem which totally works for me. Out of curiosity do you know why this is? Would there be a way around this without making a perfect circle?

Thanks
Mike

Return to posts index

mike milyavsky
on Aug 25, 2010 at 4:21:08 pm

Hey Brian,

I did it as a test and it worked but when I tried it within the project it fixes the vertical one just fine, but not the 2 horizontal ones. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong/other ideas?

Thanks
Mike

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Aug 27, 2010 at 3:27:02 pm

Mike - have no idea why one works and the other doesn't.

Sorry for the delay in reply, I was off the grid for a couple of days.

Have you tried the Trapcode Forum?

http://forums.creativecow.net/trapcode

Return to posts index

mike milyavsky
on Aug 27, 2010 at 3:29:20 pm

I didn't know that forum existed, I will repost there.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]