ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

digieffects freeform AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mathew lisett
digieffects freeform AE
on Aug 23, 2010 at 9:04:15 pm

hey guys, right though id give this plugin a chance but i think im either doing somethign wrong or i dont have the correct hardware.

reason being is that when i go to render it the rendering time is over 500 hours, but when i de select the plugin it goes back down to a normal 15 hours.

so what am i doign wrong.

and since cuda is sadly not goign t be used for AE( which it really needs to)

i wish to know what hardware will enable to rendering process with the plugin to be as fast as when it not selected.

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: digieffects freeform AE
on Aug 23, 2010 at 10:26:31 pm

Although I've used the version of FreeForm that the DigiEffects plugin is derived from, I haven't used the DigiEffects version, but can still tell you this ...

As with most plugins that allow 3D mesh warping in AE, the FreeForm I've used was fairly render intensive. At the same time, I'm not sure I'd qualify a render that's 15 hours without even having that type of plugin in use as "normal" (although it certainly can be in some cases). So, without knowing how complex and big your project is, what format(s) and codec(s) your working with, how powerful your machine is, etc., etc., it'll be impossible for anyone to help you.

That includes DigiEffects support, which might be a better place to start ... unless something has changed in the past year or so, they're among the most customer-friendly of the many AE plugin developers.

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Aug 23, 2010 at 10:38:11 pm

its a multi layer project with several other plug ins used. its got about 1hr 30 footage

the system is a 8gb ddr2 memory q6600 cpu watercooled on windows 7 x64 with cs5

with the digi effects plugn, what would be the normal render time for such length, becuase to me it jumping from 15 hours to over 500 hours just by selectign that plugin seesm to tell me theres a specific bit of hardware im needing to accelerate the process if cuda has been stated to never be added to work within after effects.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 24, 2010 at 2:29:23 am

[mathew lisett] "becuase to me it jumping from 15 hours to over 500 hours just by selectign that plugin seesm to tell me theres a specific bit of hardware im needing to accelerate the process"

Not necessarily. Like David said, 3D mesh warping is really render intensive. 500 hours of render time is only 11 seconds per frame over 90 minutes.

That said, you might be able to speed things up. If you have multiprocessing on, it may be working against you here because of your relatively low amount of RAM.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Aug 24, 2010 at 4:00:20 am

You could go on a short holiday with that kinda time. Look into pre-rendering the layers involved including the Freeform-ed Layers.

HTH
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Chris Bobotis
on Feb 1, 2011 at 3:10:27 pm

Hi Mathew,

Digieffects FreeForm is very render intensive but then again so is any real 3D effect when pushed hard. That said, we (Mettle, creators of Digieffects FreeForm) are currently in Beta with FreeForm Pro. FreeForm Pro is much , much faster and much more feature rich. It is hardware accelerated so it can be up to 20x (or more) faster depending on your system set up and what you are doing with it.

The speed factor alone opens up creative possibilities, let alone the new feature set :) Can't wait to show you.

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Cheers,
Chris
mettle.com

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Feb 1, 2011 at 5:33:13 pm

[Chris Bobotis] "It is hardware accelerated so it can be up to 20x (or more) faster depending on your system set up and what you are doing with it"

Chris, you are such a tease! I am really looking forward to the release.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Feb 2, 2011 at 12:15:00 am

now since the filter /plugin is in afterf efects and cuda feature on cards helps the process dramatically, why oh why is adobe refusing to budge enableing cuda as the feature on after effects? it just seems wrong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]