ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Insert image as text fill

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan CallahanInsert image as text fill
by on Aug 23, 2010 at 6:49:37 pm

Hey guys, I have a few questions for you:

I have a composition containing text objects that have been animated out properly to fit the style of the project. However, sitting down with my supervisor today, we decided that we would like to insert some images into the project as text fills to add a little extra emphasis to the text.

Simple Example:

Is there a way to insert the image into the text's fill (natively within After Effects) without regenerating or taking the object into photoshop or illustrator?

Is there a way to modify the stroke of a text object without using the option in the effects palette? (This effect changes the behavior of blurs over the text objects).

Does anyone know of a way to place generated text objects into a composition from photoshop or illustrator without having to re-key variables for position, masking, etc?

If anyone has any additional comments regarding workflow, please advise. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Insert image as text fill
by on Aug 23, 2010 at 7:12:04 pm

One thing at a time- to fill the text with image you could load up the image in AE as a layer and use the text layer as a matte

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Insert image as text fill
by on Aug 23, 2010 at 8:16:02 pm

Here's a page with some more information about the track matte approach that Tudor is talking about.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved