ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

uhmmm need sugestion...after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
josh alviauhmmm need sugestion...after effects
by on Aug 21, 2010 at 1:42:16 pm

uhmm ok straight to the point.... \
its a rendering thingy...having trouble making file size smaller...i usually use a compressor i think during rendering iintel indeo video 4.5 i think...fixed my problem...

now after reformation from xp to win7....cant find that compressor(i think)....
any sugesstion how to make the file size smaller and still hava a better quality..thnx in advance :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: uhmmm need sugestion...after effects
by on Aug 21, 2010 at 4:39:59 pm

You can choose from a huge number of codecs (encoders) for compression. Which one you choose depends on exactly what you're doing with your movies. No one codec is right for all situations.

So, what are you doing with these movies?

See this page for some basic information on compression using After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

josh alviaRe: uhmmm need sugestion...after effects
by on Aug 22, 2010 at 12:22:48 am

im making some text effects and other effects...
not editiing movies..

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: uhmmm need sugestion...after effects
by on Aug 22, 2010 at 3:37:00 am

Your choice of codec and other output options depends on what you intend to do with the output movies. For example, if you intend to show them on the Web, H.264 might be a good choice; if, on the other had, you're creating output for film-out, DPX might be a good choice.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

josh alviaRe: uhmmm need sugestion...after effects
by on Aug 22, 2010 at 6:23:58 am

ohhh... i see i see...so codecs depends on what movie im making....ok..thanks thanks :)

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: uhmmm need sugestion...after effects
by on Aug 22, 2010 at 6:44:55 pm

It depends on the delivery medium. Where it is going. What is playing it back. How fast the pipeline is that is carrying the movie.

A faster delivery medium means that the movie can have less compression applied to it, so it can have a larger data rate: how many MB are going by per second.

Web? Modem? Broadband? Best guess?
Playback on hard drive only?

The web can't push as much data through, so the data rate (and file size) must be smaller than a movie that will only be given to someone to be played on that person's hard drive. Hard drives can pump more data through than a web connection can. Make sense?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]