ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AVCHD clips not great rendered

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter PopoviciAVCHD clips not great rendered
by on Aug 20, 2010 at 5:51:13 pm

Hello friends, when rendering AVCHD footage from AE CS4 only the Quick time movie with MP4 codec looks good, but still cannot beat the crispness of the rendered clip I get using SONY VEGAS.

Please tell me your opinion about what other rendering choices AE has to get even results with Vegas.

Have all a nice week-end!

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: AVCHD clips not great rendered
by on Aug 20, 2010 at 7:03:03 pm

with ae you'd like to render to an uncompressed/lossless codec, then compress at the next stage in the workflow.

if you r next stage in an nle, like vegas, render uncompressed avi or lossless mov, and import that into vegas.

if you just wanted to create an mp4 or another low bandwidth format, take you uncompressed/lossless file to a compression app like adobe's media encoder (it should have come with cs4+) or the compression utility of your choice (mpeg streamclip makes a pretty good mp4).

if you need to render to a compressed file from ae, i'd recommend quicktime photo-jpeg at a higher quality setting (85 to 95+, 75 at the lowest). but photo-jpeg is still a fairly high-bandwidth codec compared to mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 based codecs.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved