ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

timeline scrubber lags with audio

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Hooper
timeline scrubber lags with audio
on Aug 20, 2010 at 2:00:05 pm

hey guys, just wandering how I can change the timeline-line (the red vertical line) to playback smoothly frame by frame in real time when previewing? Right now it previews and the red line moves along but in increments of 5 frames only. This is becoming extremely annoying as I'm cutting together a showreel and it's hard to pinpoint exact moments such as a beat in a song to match the cuts to. could someone please tell me how I can make this red line move across my timeline smoothly and not in sudden "jumps" whenever 5 frames have elapsed.

Btw I'm working on my PC but the specs are solid. It's just that I know that I don't have this problem on my macbook.

thanks in advance

cheers,Eugene

Macbook 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: timeline scrubber lags with audio
on Aug 20, 2010 at 2:39:54 pm

Why are you editing in After Effects? It's just about the worst editing application there is. Use something else if you can.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eugene Hooper
Re: timeline scrubber lags with audio
on Aug 21, 2010 at 2:05:21 pm

ok, that doesn't really help my situation I'm sorry to say. Yes, I realise that final cut (which I have) would be a better application to use for straight forward editing but I wish to use after effects in case I want to add additional effects to my reel and it would also be nice to resolve this issue for future projects.

thanks
Eugene

Macbook 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]