ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Physics Time Factor

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick ChristoffPhysics Time Factor
by on Aug 19, 2010 at 8:06:24 pm

Using Particular 2, I am using the Physics Time Factor setting to "freeze" the time of some particles. However, I would like to have the motion slow down gradually (maybe over 3 seconds) and then stop. Then I'd like to start them back up again.

The issue I'm having is that when adding 2 keyframes for the time factor ("1" and then "0" to freeze time"), no matter how many frames I push them apart to try and slow things down over time, the result is a jumpy animation.

This may have something to do with it, though. For my particle, I am using a small object built in C4D which rotates 360 degrees. As the physics time factor takes effect, rather than seeing the particle smoothly slow, it slows in steps, as if there are not enough frames.

The 3D object being used as the particle is built at 30fps and my comp in Ae is also 30fps.

Do I need to render my 3D particle at a higher frame rate in order to get smoother transition of it slowing down and then stopping? Maybe 60 or 90fps? Will that higher frame rate translate into Ae giving me a smoother transition?

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Physics Time Factor
by on Aug 19, 2010 at 8:44:45 pm

you can use time remapping on particular itself

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved