ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Encode Alpha Channel in Adobe Media Encoder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitchell Gunnels
Encode Alpha Channel in Adobe Media Encoder
on Aug 19, 2010 at 1:28:35 pm

Hi All,
I am working with After Effects and have created a video that needs the alpha channel encoded for transparency. When I render, I am rendering FLV RBG + ALPHA....this works like a charm in After Effects. It does NOT, however, work in Adobe Media Encoder. If I try and render the composition in Media Encoder (so I can work on something else in After Effects) and use the exact same settings that I use in AE, I get a black screen.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or if this is even possible using Adobe Media Encoder?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Encode Alpha Channel in Adobe Media Encoder
on Aug 19, 2010 at 2:40:39 pm

"To include the alpha channel in the FLV output, use the On2 VP6 codec and select Encode Alpha Channel in the Video tab of the export settings dialog box."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Mitchell Gunnels
on Aug 19, 2010 at 2:55:01 pm

Thnx, but that does not work. Anytime you do it this way the screen is just black. I can hear the audio but no video.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 19, 2010 at 4:01:27 pm

What application are you viewing the created file in?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Mitchell Gunnels
on Aug 19, 2010 at 4:07:30 pm

Right now I am using Adobe Media Player, but I have used other payers as well. Like I said this works great when rendering in After Effects. I do understand that to use the correct codec and the encode alpha channel, but when encoding using Adobe Media encoder the rendered FLV comes out with a black screen on top.

I am using CS4---if that helps.

Return to posts index

Jody Lydick
on Aug 7, 2012 at 10:49:51 pm

Greetings,

I have the same issue, only I am trying to render an .avi file from AE to media encoder not an FLV. Is there a CS5.5 option to encode the alpha channel in an .avi format?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
JL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]