ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effect CS 5 Output

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Tan
After Effect CS 5 Output
on Aug 19, 2010 at 7:34:24 am

Hi,
I have a problem with the output. I recently got a 'Video Wall' project.
As it is a 4x3 screen wall, these individual screens have Window XP embedded

I open up a composition of 4098x3072 pixel at 25 fps.This is a 2 minute video
When I render the video, i chose quicktime as output and compression as animation.
It turns out to be a huge file. (approx. 15 gb).

I tried using Xilisoft Video Converter to convert the file to WMV (Excellent Quality). After i play it, there are signs of 'jerking' sort of double image appearing on and off.

My question is : Am I doing the correct thing? Did I miss out anything ? And what is the best video converter in the market ?

*I m on a Mac, I know there is no 'Video for Windows' output function for Mac*
I need help, thanxs

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effect CS 5 Output
on Aug 19, 2010 at 1:48:09 pm

[Jason Tan] "As it is a 4x3 screen wall, these individual screens have Window XP embedded. I open up a composition of 4098x3072 pixel at 25 fps.This is a 2 minute video. When I render the video, i chose quicktime as output and compression as animation. It turns out to be a huge file. (approx. 15 gb)."

What is your deliverable? Do you have any information on the playback system?

From your description, it sounds like there are multiple players for multiple screens. If this is the case, you probably need to deliver media specifically for each screen -- not just one large 4K comp.

[Jason Tan] "I tried using Xilisoft Video Converter to convert the file to WMV (Excellent Quality). After i play it, there are signs of 'jerking' sort of double image appearing on and off."

If you're trying this on 4K footage, that's not surprising.

[Jason Tan] "My question is : Am I doing the correct thing? Did I miss out anything ? And what is the best video converter in the market ?"

We'd need more information about the playback system to comment.

[Jason Tan] "*I m on a Mac, I know there is no 'Video for Windows' output function for Mac*"

Telestream makes a couple compression products that can encode WMV on a Mac: Flip4Mac and Episode.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jason Tan
on Aug 20, 2010 at 1:43:31 am

Hi Walter,

Thank you for taking time answering my questions.

Yes, you are right. I m on multiple screens and each screen is 1366x768 pixel in size. I have deliver the media to every screen

Im currently using this system
http://www.samsunglfd.com/software/magicInfo_pro.do

Last but not least, what is a 4K footage ?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 20, 2010 at 1:35:05 pm

[Jason Tan] "Yes, you are right. I m on multiple screens and each screen is 1366x768 pixel in size. I have deliver the media to every screen. Im currently using this system: http://www.samsunglfd.com/software/magicInfo_pro.do"

You'll have to do some research and find out what the playback system requires. Do you have to give the system one big movie file that it spreads across multiple monitors, or do you have to give it one movie file for each monitor?

I haven't used Samsung's system, but many systems like this prefer a separate movie for each screen. Although the screen's pixel count may be 1366x768, the software may prefer standard resolutions like 720p or 1080p.

[Jason Tan] "Last but not least, what is a 4K footage ?"

4K footage just refers to the frame size -- 4096 pixels across. It sounded like you were trying to render out and play back one monstrous video file. Most computers will struggle trying to play back 4K footage in real time.

In general, the workflow for a multi-screen install is driven by the displays and the playback system. You have to work backwards from their requirements into setting up your After Effects project.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]