ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D scene in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant McGibbon3D scene in AE
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 1:26:24 pm

Hi All,

I am really new to After Effects and am busy doing a self-study course so please excuse me. I have done some playing around with green screen removal and was thinking about doing a music video (obviously a simple one) for some friends of mine. Is there any way to create a 3D scene in something like 3D Studio Max or Maya or something then import it into either After Effects CS5 or Premiere CS5 and then be able to put my object that I used in the green screen into the scene? If I was filming my object on the green screen and moving around the object I would obviously like the 3D scene that I load up to look like its in sync. Is this possible? Many thanks in advance and apologies if I should not have posted something in this forum like this. I only signed up 5 minutes ago so not sure.

Grant

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: 3D scene in AE
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 2:38:34 pm

If you want to get specific answers, ask specific questions.
In your case, what are you thinking of shooting on a green screen- an object, a person, a group of people... How are you going to shoot them- camera on a tripod, dolly or crane, computer assisted movement... What is the type of 3D scene that you're thinking of introducing the chroma footage in ( a stage, a room, a whole landscape...).
There are various ways of doing what you are trying to do, from really complicated and time consuming to pretty simple and straightforward stuff (if well thought in pre-production). So be specific and you will get help catered to your need.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Grant McGibbonRe: 3D scene in AE
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 2:52:29 pm

Hi Ted,

Thank you for your reply. Apolgies for being vague on this. I will initially be using a Camera on a tri-pod but will soon have a camera dolly to start playing with. My first idea would be to start off with an empty room and 4 members of a band inside it (Each playing their different instrument). I want to be able to apply textures to the inside walls of the room that i make and add various lighting effects (I can do this myself but not sure what is the best software to do it in). I have limited space so I will need to film each member of the band seperately infront of the green screen. (Again, apologies if this is not what I am supposed to be doing. I'm a complete noob at this). To be as simple as possible with this I basically want to make a music video of 4 members of a band in a room that doesnt exist. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: 3D scene in AE
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 3:10:31 pm

You can start by looking at this tutorial:
http://magazine.creativecow.net/article/building-a-3d-world-in-after-effect...
Pretty much what you are looking for- all in AE.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Grant McGibbonRe: 3D scene in AE
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 4:25:20 pm

Ted, thank you so much. I will have a browse through it when I get home this evening and see where that takes me. Thanks again. Grant

Return to posts index

hassan aslamPrecomposing Layer
by on Aug 20, 2010 at 8:21:39 pm

Hii i have a small problem.....i am trying to give reflection to my text in after effects cs4....i precomposed the text and then give reflection by duplicating.....the problem is that my main comp is in 3d and i am using 24 mm camera as well...my text comp get blurred when i precompose it as i see in main comp....and i want to animate the reflect comp as well but couldn't get the desire result.....can u plzz guide me....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]