ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Has AE CS5 fixed the clone tool??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark LinthicumHas AE CS5 fixed the clone tool??
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 4:21:57 am

Anyone know if they have fixed the caching problem that boggs AE down when cloning the same point using previous frames with the clone tool? This has been a issue since they added the clone tool and makes painting objects out of a clip almost impossible!

Sitting here writing this while AE CS 4 draws 1 frame!! So lame!
Combustion could de better on an old g4!

Thanks Mark

Return to posts index

Mark LinthicumRe: Has AE CS5 fixed the clone tool??
by on Aug 19, 2010 at 5:23:36 am

Just confirming AE CS5 still bogs down when cloning from previous frame when painting in the same spot for more than 5 frames!
What crap!!

Am I the only one who sees that AE has been going down hill since version 6.5??

Its like they got lazy, just started licensing technology and the basic coding has gotten worse! With there was an alternative.

This is what happens when management calls the shots, making decisions for monetary gain rather than doing what is right! Evil bastards!

Thanks, Mark

Return to posts index

Nico JonesRe: Has AE CS5 fixed the clone tool??
by on Aug 19, 2010 at 1:59:05 pm

Management calls the shots most of the time - that's why it's called management.

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

Erik LindahlRe: Has AE CS5 fixed the clone tool??
by on Aug 20, 2010 at 8:13:21 pm

Sad this isn't corrected. I've done substantial paint / clone jobs in AE in the past and this has been a huge head-ache in the past. Given, I've seen similar issues in Shake it shouldn't have to be as such.

Would be nice if the clone-tool supported rotation and scale of the clone-source and not just X Y position. Full support for tracking would be nice as well (given they'd have to redo the built-in tracker first I guess as its so unreliable).

Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved